For this year’s Rhinebeck celebration (it is a celebration!), Casapinka has teamed up with the wonderful dyers, Backyard Fiberworks and Magpie Fibers. There are two hats, two shawls, and two sweaters that are being introduced this week in the Casapinka Ravelry store. In honor of Rhinebeck, there is a “Buy two get one pattern free” special going on in the Casapinka Ravelry Store through October 18.
My designs tend to be on the simple side. You won’t find much that you can’t throw down in a fit of panic when the dishwasher is overflowing or your kid is de-whiskering the cat.
1. “Fall is a Color” hat will be available as an exclusive Indie Untangled Kit at the Backyard Fiberworks booth at the trunk show and afterwards by mail order. You will love working with Alice’s vibrant, tonal colors on 100% merino fingering.
2. “I Dream of Lapland” hat takes half a skein of two colors of Backyard Fiberworks 100% merino sock yarn. It comes in two sizes. Come to the booth to choose your own colors!
3. “Boomerangle” and “Boomeranglet” are a mini and larger shawl that each take 3 colors of fingering weight yarn. They are half boomerang, half triangle.
4. “Dancing Queen” is a fair isle, top down yoked pullover or cardigan done up in the wonderfully soft and warm Magpie Fibers Swanky DK. This yarn is amazing as is her Swanky Sock, which was used for the next two designs. It’s like knitting with butter!
5f. “Isabelita” is a top down, crescent shawl that requires two skeins of Magpie Fibers Swanky Sock (MCN), and uses some slipped and textured stitches.
6. “Quindici” was released last week and is made out of 3 colors of Magpie Fibers Swanky Sock (MCN).