• Applications for all vendors will be accepted from March 1 to May 31, 2019, with notification of acceptance by July 1.
• Vendors who are not selected, or who submit applications after May 31, will be placed on a vendor waiting list and will be contacted if space opens up.
• Vendors will be selected via a jury process, with the goal of showcasing a variety of unique, high-quality products from small yarn and fiber businesses that reflect the diversity of the crafting community.
• Businesses are allowed to submit applications for both the 2019 New York Sheep and Wool Festival and the Indie Untangled Trunk Show, but those who are accepted to have booths at the Festival will not be permitted to also vend at Indie Untangled.
• Each space will cost $350, to be paid upon notification of acceptance. If payment is not received by July 10, 2019, the vendor space will be forfeited. Vendors who need to cancel must send notification in writing via email by August 18, 2019 to receive reimbursement. Payments are nonrefundable after this date.
• Double spaces are limited and will be provided to returning vendors only. No triple spaces will be available.
• The $5 nonrefundable application fee will be credited to the vendor’s balance upon acceptance.
• Vendors can sell hand-dyed or custom-milled yarn and fiber, handspun yarn and/or other fiber-related accessories that they produce or design themselves.
• Vendors must receive prior approval, in writing, from the organizer of Indie Untangled to sell goods made by other artisans or businesses, excluding pattern or book sales. Please list any outside products that you will be selling (including, but not limited to, yarn, fiber, spindles, stitch markers, lotion bars or candles that have another business’s branding) on your application, or email Indie Untangled prior to October 1 of the current year for approval. Vendors cannot promote the sale of outside products before receiving this approval.
• Vendors are not granted exclusive rights to sell any particular item.
• Vendors assume all risk for their property. Neither Indie Untangled, nor the Saugerties Performing Arts Factory, will be responsible for any loss or damage from any cause. Vendors assume all rights and responsibilities for the conduct of their operations including, but not limited to: obtaining liability and general coverage insurance for vendor-related activities and adhering to all local and state ordinances and regulations. Information on obtaining a temporary sales tax certificate of authority will be sent out to vendors at least one month prior to the show.
• If Indie Untangled is canceled by the organizer or venue, all booth fees paid by vendors will be returned. If the event is canceled due to labor disputes, accidents, national emergencies, acts of God or other causes not listed that are beyond the reasonable control of Indie Untangled and the venue, Indie Untangled is under no obligation to return vendor fees. Vendors are encouraged to obtain appropriate insurance against possible cancellation of the event.
Event venue: The 2019 Rhinebeck Trunk Show will take place at the Saugerties Performing Arts Factory, 169 Ulster Ave., Saugerties, N.Y.
Vendor spaces: Vendor spaces are approximately 10’ x 10’. These size limits will be strictly enforced to ensure there is enough space for each vendor as well as a safe, comfortable shopping experience.
One long table (6 or 8 feet), as well as chairs, is included with the booth fee; second tables can be requested on the application and will be provided only based on availability; a rental fee may be required. If needed, tablecloths can be rented for $10 each.
Electricity and Wi-Fi access: While there is power throughout the building as well as access to Wi-Fi, Indie Untangled cannot guarantee, as part of this agreement, direct access to power for all booths, and cannot be held liable for issues with Wi-Fi service.
Vendors are strongly encouraged to bring in lighting that is adequate for showing off their products. As most booths do not have access to power, we strongly suggest wireless lighting. While the vendor fee covers the cost of supplemental lighting at the venue, Indie Untangled cannot be held responsible for the venue’s lighting as it pertains to retail displays. It is also strongly recommended for you to bring your own Wi-Fi hotspot.
Event hours: The 2019 Rhinebeck Trunk Show will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Oct. 18, 2019. Vendors must be present for the entire event.
Packages: Individual packages may not be delivered to the venue. Palletized shipments only can be sent to the venue for a $25 fee for delivery and a separate $25 fee for pickup after the show. Vendors must notify Indie Untangled in advance of any palletized shipments being sent to the venue. Vendors must also wrap and label pallets for pickup.
Setup and breakdown: Setup will take place from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 17.
Vendors will have access to the venue and its parking lot no earlier than 8 a.m. on the day of the show.
Booth setup must be finished by 9 a.m. on the day of the event. At that time, staff/helpers/other vendors are allowed to shop. The marketplace will open to the public at 10 a.m. Please consider these time constraints when you are planning your booth design.
Breakdown will begin promptly at 6 p.m.; no breaking down of displays shall take place prior to 6 p.m. Breakdown must be finished by 10 p.m.
Vendors will be required to remove all trash from their booth space and break down and dispose of all boxes and other large items in the provided receptacles or otherwise remove them from the premises. Vendors who fail to do so may be charged a $220 cleaning/disposal fee.
Vendors are liable for any damage they cause to the building, walls, floors or furniture.