• Applications for all vendors will be accepted from February 1 to April 30, 2020, with notification of acceptance by July 1.
• Vendors who are not selected, or who submit applications after April 30, will be placed on a vendor waiting list and will be contacted if space opens up.
• Vendors will be selected via a jury process, with the goal of showcasing a variety of unique, high-quality products from small yarn and fiber businesses that reflect the diversity of the crafting community.
• Businesses that are accepted to have booths at the New York Sheep & Wool Festival, or other New York fiber events held from October 15-18, 2020, will not be permitted to also vend at Indie Untangled.
• Each space will cost $550 for a two-day event, to be paid upon notification of acceptance. If payment is not received by July 1, 2020, the vendor space will be forfeited. Vendors who need to cancel must send notification in writing via email by August 15, 2020 to receive reimbursement. Payments are nonrefundable after this date.
• Double spaces are limited and will be provided to returning vendors only. No triple spaces will be available.
• Vendors can sell hand-dyed or custom-milled yarn and fiber, handspun yarn and/or other fiber-related accessories that they produce or design themselves.
• Vendors must receive prior approval, in writing, from the organizer of Indie Untangled to sell goods made by other artisans or businesses, excluding pattern or book sales. Please list any outside products that you will be selling (including, but not limited to, yarn, fiber, spindles, stitch markers, lotion bars or candles that have another business’s branding) on your application, or email Indie Untangled prior to October 1 of the current year for approval. Vendors cannot promote the sale of outside products before receiving this approval.
• Vendors are not granted exclusive rights to sell any particular item.
• Vendors will be provided with up to three passes for themselves, booth staff and/or special guests. Any additional passes must be purchased for $60 each by September 15, 2020.
• Vendors agree to adhere to the Indie Untangled code of conduct.
• Vendors shall hold Indie Untangled and the Saugerties Performing Arts Factory harmless from all liability, including workers compensation claims, and all damages or claims, together with any and all costs and expenses connected therewith, arising out of the injury or death of any person or persons, or injury to or theft of property, in any way connected with the event. Vendors assume all rights and responsibilities for the conduct of their operations including, but not limited to: obtaining liability and general coverage insurance for vendor-related activities and adhering to all local, state and federal ordinances and regulations. Information on obtaining a temporary sales tax certificate of authority from New York State will be sent out to non-New York vendors at least one month prior to the show.
• If circumstance beyond the organizers’ or the venue’s reasonable control requires that the event is postponed or canceled, all vendor fees will either be credited to the rescheduled event or refunded in the event of cancellation. Vendors are highly encouraged to purchase event insurance to cover travel, shipping and other show expenses, as well as lost sales stemming from cancelation of the event.
The 2020 Rhinebeck Trunk Show will take place at the Saugerties Performing Arts Factory, 169 Ulster Ave., Saugerties, N.Y.
The 2020 Rhinebeck Trunk Show will run from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on October 15 and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on October 16, 2020. Vendors must be present for the entire event.
Vendor spaces are approximately 10’ x 10’. These size limits will be strictly enforced to ensure there is enough space for each vendor as well as a safe, comfortable shopping experience.
One 8’x30″ table is included with the booth fee; second tables can be requested on the application and will be provided with a $15 rental fee. If needed, tablecloths can be rented for $12 each.
Electricity and lighting
While there is power throughout the building, Indie Untangled cannot guarantee, as part of this agreement, direct access to power for all booths. It is highly recommended that you bring extension cords and backup batteries for your devices.
Vendors are strongly encouraged to bring in lighting that is adequate for showing off their products. As most booths do not have access to power, we strongly suggest wireless lighting. While the vendor fee covers the cost of supplemental lighting at the venue, Indie Untangled cannot be held responsible for the venue’s lighting as it pertains to retail displays.
As the WiFi service at the venue is not able to handle the high traffic of retail sales, vendors must bring their own WiFi hotspots or use data plans on their devices.
Vendors agree to bring enough stock of special show colorways/products for the VIP sessions on both Thursday and Friday. Booths must be fully stocked at 10 a.m. Friday.
Individual packages may not be delivered to the venue. Palletized shipments only can be sent to the venue for a $25 fee for delivery and a separate $25 fee for pickup after the show. Vendors must notify Indie Untangled in advance of any palletized shipments being sent to the venue. Vendors must also wrap and label pallets for pickup.
Setup and breakdown
Setup will take place from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 14 and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Thursday, October 15.
Vendors will have access to the venue and its parking lot no earlier than 8 a.m. on each day of the show.
Booth setup must be finished by 1 p.m. on the day of the event. At that time, staff/helpers/other vendors are allowed to shop. The marketplace will open to the public at 2 p.m. Thursday. Please consider these time constraints when you are planning your booth design and travel.
Breakdown will begin promptly at 6 p.m. on October 16; no breaking down of displays shall take place prior to 6 p.m. Breakdown must be finished by 10 p.m.
Vendors will be required to remove all trash from their booth space and break down and dispose of all boxes and other large items in the provided receptacles or otherwise remove them from the premises. Vendors who fail to do so may be charged a $300 cleaning/disposal fee.
Vendors are liable for any damage they cause to the building, walls, floors or furniture.