INDIE UNTANGLED YARNEGRAM
TALENT TERMS OF SERVICE
Effective Date: November 22, 2021
In order to participate in the Yarnegram Video Greetings (“Yarnegram”) program as a designer or podcaster, Indie Untangled requires you to agree to and abide by the terms (“Terms”) of this agreement set out below (“Agreement”). By signing up as a Yarnegram participant, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and expressly agree to be legally bound by this Agreement.
• In order to participate in the Yarnegram program, you must sign up and provide the required information and media for inclusion in the program. If you sign up after the launch date, Indie Untangled will have 1 week to review your sign-up form and add your information to the website.
• You will receive a message to the email address provided at sign-up when a video request is made.
• You agree to create personalized videos that are a minimum of 1 minute in length and no more than 10 minutes in length. Videos should include all information requested by the giver, including the name of the recipient and the specific greeting (i.e. Happy birthday, Merry Christmas or Congratulations on ________).
• You agree to upload the video file to a Dropbox folder that is assigned to you within the amount of time indicated on your sign-up form.
• If you cannot fulfill the request, please let us know within 72 hours of receipt of the message.
• You will receive 85% of the fee received by Indie Untangled for each individual video requested and created.
• Indie Untangled will remit Yarnegram payments on the first business day of each calendar month for services rendered the previous month.
• You agree to receive Yarnegram payments via PayPal, Zelle or Wise. You will choose the payment method at sign-up. Indie Untangled is not responsible for any fees charged by these services to receive payments.
• Payments will be in U.S. dollars unless you choose another currency.
• Aside from the allowable use under this Agreement, you own all video content created through the Yarnegram program.
• You hereby grant Indie Untangled a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display, the video content in any media now known or hereafter developed. You further agree that Indie Untangled may: (i) display your videos, images, artwork on the Site, on the Internet, and other media; and (ii) make modifications to your videos, images or artwork as necessary to prepare them for use on the Site and other channels.
• You grant video givers and/or recipients a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display, the video content solely for their own personal, non-commercial, and non-promotional purposes on their personal social media platforms and personal websites; in text and email messages; and in other personal storage devices.
• Please be aware that any personal information (such as name, location, email address, etc.) that you elect to include in your video may be available to the public. Therefore, do not include such information in your video unless you intend it to be available to the public.
• You agree to not include material in a video that infringes upon any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
• You agree not to include anything in your video that is defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, obscene, profane, vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us.
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to afford you any of the rights, duties, benefits or obligations of an employee of Indie Untangled, and the parties agree that you are an independent contractor.
All parties shall indemnify and hold each other harmless from any claim, expense, damages or other action, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from from the Yarnegram program.
If circumstances beyond either Indie Untangled’s or your reasonable control requires that services cannot be rendered, fees will be returned to the giver.
This Agreement shall be deemed to be made in the State of New York and shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
If you would like to cease participation in the Yarnegram program, you must send notification in writing. Once Indie Untangled acknowledges receipt of the notification, we will promptly cease use of any intellectual property, except for emailed or printed content that has already been delivered. You agree to cease use of intellectual property related to the Yarnegram program, including, but not limited to, the Indie Untangled logo, images and business name.
• Indie Untangled reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change this Agreement at any time by posting a notice on the Site. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. If you don’t agree with the new Terms and would no longer like to participate in Yarnegram, please send a notice in writing. Continued participation in Yarnegram after the posting of new Terms constitutes an acknowledgement that you agree to such new Terms.
• Indie Untangled maintains other policies, guidelines, and requirements posted on the Site from time to time, including the general Terms of Service. We expect that you will, and you agree to, abide by any other requirements posted on the Site. Your participation in the Yarnegram program is subject to all of these policies, guidelines, and other requirements which are incorporated into these Terms.