Our yarn usually has the spotlight. But we’re dedicating this post to the material that makes yarn possible in the first place: roving!
Like our yarn, all of our roving is made from undyed, naturally colored fibers. We currently have five roving types in stock:
1. Cirrus – A pencil roving made from blended Jacob sheep & Shetland sheep wool. The fiber is different shades of stormy gray.
2. Coopworth – 100% Coopworth sheep wool. The fiber is a warm, variegated gray with shades of brown.
3. Navajo-Churro roving – 100% Navajo-Churro sheep wool. The roving is deep brown, with some white guard hairs. It is used to make our yarn Walnut.
4. Ultisol roving – A blend of cinnamon red Huacaya alpaca and Zwartbles sheep wool imported from the Netherlands. The roving is a a dynamic brown with red undertones. It is used to make our yarn Ultisol.
5. Jacob Sheep roving – 100% Jacob Sheep wool. The fiber is a heathered gray hue. (This fiber is Shave ‘Em to Save ‘Em eligible!)
One more thing: Take 10% off your order with the coupon code “gratitude.” The coupon marks the end of #fiberuary — a social media celebration of all things fiber. Check out our Instagram page to see all our Fiberuary posts!