Effective Date: May 29, 2018
II. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
Personal information means information that allows someone to identify or contact you. Non-personal information means information that does not directly identify you. We collect both types of information about you.
The following provides examples of the types of data that we collect about you and how we use the information.
|Context||Types of Data and Purpose for Collection|
|Vendor Submissions||We may collect your name, email address, URL, and other information when you post to the Marketplace.|
|Demographic Information||We may collect personal information from you, such as your age or location.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we may collect your name and email address.|
|Mobile Devices||We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website.|
|Order Placement||We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and payment information when you place an order.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we may collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.|
|Third Party Tracking||We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie, further described below) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites. You can opt out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
III. USE AND PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION
In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our website.
- To provide the products and services you request.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to your inquiries.
- To send marketing and promotional materials.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information in these ways. These legal bases include where:
- you have consented to the processing, which you can revoke at any time;
- necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, vendors, or partners;
- you have expressly made the information public;
- necessary in the public interest; and
- occasionally necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others.
Note that we principally rely on consent (i) to send marketing messages, (ii) for third-party data sharing related to advertising, and, to the extent applicable, (iii) for the use of location data for advertising purposes.
IV. SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose personal information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates presently or in the future (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Some of our websites (owned and social media networks) provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
V. YOUR CHOICES
You can make the following choices regarding your Personal Data:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your name and email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request within the timeframe permitted by law, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as to fulfill orders you have made or other service-related communications.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our affiliated websites allow you to modify your account profile.
- Deletion of Your Personal Data. Typically, we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request that we delete your personal information. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact Information” section below. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Revocation of Consent. We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- Access to and Portability of Your Personal Data. If required by law, and, depending on your location, upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about a user. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact Information” section.
- Online Tracking. Due to software and technical restraints, we may not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions. Do not rely on such tracking mechanisms, but directly request that your information be removed instead.
VI. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
VII. DATA RETENTION
We retain your data for the shortest amount of time necessary to provide you with our services. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website and services.
VIII. CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use our services on their own without the supervision of a parent or guardian over the legal age. Indie Untangled does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use this Site or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children under 13, we shall erase such information from our records and terminate the applicable comment(s) and/or sale(s) promptly. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Data to Other Countries. If you are a Customer located outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in the United States.
- Security Breach. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your personal information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, breach, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. In the event of a breach, any and all affected parties will be notified within 72 hours of the breach and steps that Indie Untangled is taking to cure and rectify the breach as well as protect your data.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
c/o Lisa Chamoff
415 Argyle Road, Apt. 2L
Brooklyn, NY 11218