It has been a while since our last update but I wanted to tell you that 10 beautiful new batches of Askham Lace are now up on the website! Askham Lace is baby alpaca/silk — if you’ve not used this blend before it is supremely soft with a bit of a fluffy halo. It is warm and light, AND… you can make a large project out of one skein! I made my Wray cardigan with slight more than one skein (the last 2cm of the hem was a second skein — I honestly don’t know why I didn’t just stop when the first skein ran out!). Also, Jaya’s amazing Sun and Shower shawl uses one skein of lace weight — it’d be a great project to sink your teeth into this autumn!
If that doesn’t suit your budget we are having a summer sale, with 20% off most of the hand-dyed yarn! It excludes mill-dyed yarns and the latest updates (minis and Askham Lace) but the rest of the hand dyed is all up for grabs! We’ve created a collection for it on the website so it’s all in one place, and you can find that on the homepage of our website.
There are three reasons for this sale!
1. I’ve got workmen in at the moment (we’re getting an upstairs bathroom!) and it’s going to disrupt my dyeing/updates etc, so I thought what if we just have a big clear out so that we can continue earning (I can’t afford to take the two weeks off!);
2. I’m due to stocktake and this will hopefully make it a much smaller job;
3. There’s a new yarn plus a few big updates I’d like to do but I really need to clear space for them!
The sale is going to end at midnight on Monday 26th August (UK time) but there is still quite a bit of stock to choose from!
– Only ONE discount voucher code can be used per transaction so you can’t use the free shipping code as well, however the sale code will get you a bigger discount anyway.
– You MUST enter the code in the box at checkout. It cannot be applied retrospectively.
– We cannot combine orders so if you place more than one separately they will be shipped separately.
We also spotted that Joji’s Fall KAL is starting soon and it occurred to us that this might be a good time to put our Joji Yarn Packs into the sale, too. They’re designed for any pattern that uses five 100g skeins of 4ply/fingering weight yarn, e.g. Starting Point and Fading Point. I used one of these packs for a Starting Point wrap and loved it. It’s a great autumn project and the yarn pack with my colours is in the sale. Full details and sign ups for the KAL are in her Ravelry group (note that we are not affiliated with this in any way so can’t help you with anything other than yarn!).
That is all for now but our hand dyed yarn updates will be coming thick and fast with news of lots of pattern releases in our yarns!