The summer heat is here! And while we are big believers in getting ahead on winter knitting in summer months, we get that a worsted, wool yarn can be a bit much!
With that in mind, we put together a list of our favorite summer products. They're perfect for hot days, summer outfits, and poolside projects.
Let me tell you a bit about each one!
1. Gothfarm Yarn Tshirt (S – 2XXL): Made from 100% cotton and screen-printed locally in Austin, Texas, our Gothfarm Yarn tshirts are a perfect way to show your love of indie yarn when out and about. Goes great with BBQs and camping trips.
2. Aten: Our yarn Aten is laceweight and made from 100% undyed Muga silk. The naturally golden silk catches the summer sun, adding a wonderful shine to your finished objects. Try carrying it along with cotton yarn to add a marled effect to your warm-weather knits.
3. Summer Clutch (pattern): This one is for the weavers! The Gothfarm Yarn Summer Clutch is a simple weaving pattern that uses a single skein of our yarn Kaolin on a cotton warp. This elegant clutch is great for casual outings or formal affairs. It's been my go-to bag for summer weddings for years!
4. Veggie Ivory Buttons (set of 4): These buttons are the perfect finishing touch on any handmade garment. The buttons are carved from tagua nuts, a material known as "vegetable ivory" due to its color and durability. You can keep the buttons creamy white or dye them whatever color you like.
5. Gothfarm Yarn tote bag: Use it to carry WIPs and/or beach towels. The tote is made from canvas and screen-printed locally in Austin, Texas.
6. Muskeg: We love summer sock knitting for its portability and ease. Our yarn Muskeg is one of our top sock picks due to its blend of Rambouillet Merino wool and mohair, which give the yarn durability and spring. Like all our yarns, Muskeg is undyed. The beautiful soil brown shade comes directly from the fiber. Looking for a lighter color? Try our yarn Arkose instead. It's the same weight, made from similar materials, and a blushing white hue.
That's it for now! Stay cool & knit/crochet/weave on.