I am very happy to be teaching at VKL October edition with two new classes:
• Knitting in Two Directions: The Modular Elongated Triangle Shawl (Saturday Oct 10) – The Modular Elongated Triangle (or Triangular) Shawl that will be taught in this class is knitted in two different directions! The idea is to use the Talyse pattern to demonstrate the details and techniques of this construction, which creates a very elongated triangle (Wingspan 68” / 173 cm x Center Depth 15” / 38 cm after blocking) shawl with just one skein of fingering or sock yarn! The participants will received a code for downloaing Talyse pattern for the class!
• Create with What You Have: Upcycling Your Stash! (Sunday Oct 11) – I am very excited about this creative class! Everything in your stash is very welcome on this class! It is possible that we have leftovers from previous projects, some skeins found on a thrift store, or maybe a gift from a friend! We would love it if you bring to the class different yarn weights with all kinds of fiber contents, because in this creative class we will renew the way we look at those yarns, mixing colors, fibers, textures creating macro motifs and opening a whole new world of possibilities for our stash. Concepts covered in class:
– Focus on giving info and tools to encourage the knitters to upcycle what they already have in stash; a playful way to be confident to explore creativity
– Using a few macro motifs as a template, the participants will be invited to approach colors, textures and fibers in a more freely way.
– The more crazy or tacky the yarn, the better!