I’m excited to launch the Heritage Wool Collective, a new yarn subscription that combines small-batch wool yarns with the magic of hand-dyed color.
Every other month, starting in February, you’ll receive:
• One, two or four skeins of a specially-selected non-Superwash wool or wool blend yarn, dyed by an indie dyer in a surprise color
• A pamphlet with information on the yarn base and indie dyer
• Pattern suggestions for your yardage
• 10% off additional skeins when available, with access before they’re listed for sale to non-members
• Access to virtual Heritage Wool Collective Conferences, bringing together yarn producers and indie dyers to talk about all things wool
Learn more and sign up here!
If you’re an indie dyer, or dabble in the dye pots, check out the Heritage Wool Collective Dyer Sampler subscription. You’ll receive two, five or 10 skeins of the yarn, undyed and unlabeled, every two months. You’ll also get access to a Slack community with regular color challenges.
Jenna of Southern Skeins is celebrating the start of October with a yarn skull Knits stitch Tee. It’s available in size XS-5XL and is screen printed by another small, women-owned business.
Socktober is officially here! Carolyn and Michelle of Olive & Two Ewe Studios are celebrating with sock sets all month long. If you’re in or near the Orlando area, they’re also hosting a Socktastic Saturday next weekend on October 14 at Needleworks, their community crafting space.
Speaking of heritage yarns, preorders close on Monday, October 9 for the Heritage Breed Box. This collaboration by four Colorado-based indie dyers features locally-sourced Navajo Churro yarn, hand dyed in two different color palettes.
The latest design from Jessica of Double the Stitches, the All Breeds Cowl, is a tribute to the alpacas and Cormo sheep that roam in Burlington, Kentucky. The geometric sheep design is created with mosaic knitting — a slipped-stitch colorwork pattern achieved by holding only one yarn at a time.
Trisha of Yarn Jam has brought back her Boucle DK yarn in time for fall. She’s using a combination of Boucle DK and Merino Dk for Samantha Guerin’s new Superlative Sweater, and you can special order the two bases to match.